As a result, filing of an application and payment of an application fee does not in any way guarantee the awarding of a BLOCS scholarship. The application opens October first for the following academic year. For example, it will open October 1, 2021 for the 2022-2023 academic year. To apply for BLOCS you must complete the FACTS application.
Merit Based Scholarships
Each year, we award hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships as an investment in our students. These academic scholarships are awarded as a result of the Presidential Scholarship & Entrance Test which takes place in October of your 8th grade year. Each year, the profile of the scholarship recipients varies based on the successes of the applicant pool and scholarship amounts are tiered into three scholarships based on performance in the test, classroom grades, and school involvement. The scholarships are: The Presidential Scholarship, The Principal's Scholarship, and the In Vite Mane Scholarship. Unless otherwise noted, scholarships are awarded for four years. A FACTS application is required before any awards (merit or need based) will be granted. Apply now at www.arhs.me/FACTS.
Music Scholarship Auditions: Open for 2024-2025 School Year
If accepted, scholarship recipients will be required to take Concert Band or Orchestra all four (4) years of their studies. Awardees will also be required to participate in at least one (1) extracurricular music activity all four (4) years. These activities include: pep band, jazz band, pit orchestra, and/or chorus. Scholarships can be rescinded if requirements are not met and maintained.
- 2 octaves, played in quarter notes
- Minimum tempo - 80 bpm
- Solo piece or etude of the student’s choosing, minimum 16 measures
- Single-stroke roll, double-stroke roll, paradiddle, flam, five-stroke roll
- Snare drum solo/etude
● Monday, November 6, 2023 - 3:00-4:00 PM
● Wednesday, November 8, 2023 - 3:00-4:00 PM
● Other dates/times by appt.
● Auditions will be held at Archbishop Ryan High School, 11201 Academy Rd, Philadelphia PA 19154,
room N209 (band room)
11201 Academy Road Philadelphia, PA 19154 P: 215.637.1800 Ext.6014
Fine Arts Scholarship: Closed for 2023-2024 School Year
Archbishop Ryan High School is offering the opportunity for 8th-grade students who will be attending Ryan in the 2023-2024 school year to be awarded a scholarship for their artistic talents.
For more information contact:
The criteria are:
- A self-portrait
- A one-piece that shows the understanding of linear perspective
- A one-piece that the student believes best demonstrates their talents.
The student’s name must be on each piece of work. All work must be original and will be returned.Grand Prize: $10,000 Scholarship ($2,500 a year for 4 years)
- - Live in Philadelphia, in a household where one or both parents are absent, or mentally or physically disabled.
- - Meet the family income eligibility requirements for reduced-priced lunch under the National School Lunch Program.
- - Have grades of ·C· or better in major school subjects.
- - Are making academic progress toward timely graduation. Can prove their dependency status (name appears on their family's tax return or DPA document).
- - Are In a family that does not own property other than their primary home.
Charlotte Drummond Memorial Scholarship
The Charlotte Drummond Memorial Scholarship is offering a Legacy scholarship that keeps the spirit of Charlotte Drummond and her dedication to Catholic education alive, and a Cardinal Dougherty Alumni Scholarship for a student whose grandparent, parent, or sibling attended Cardinal Dougherty.
Sophomores and Juniors are eligible to apply for this scholarship to assist with tuition for the 2024-2025 school year. Applications and Guidelines are available in the Guidance office.
On February 6, 1991, Dan was killed in the line of duty.
The Officer Daniel Boyle Scholarship Fund was established at the suggestion of several of Danny's classmates. The purpose of this scholarship fund is to assist financially those families who may find the increasingly high costs of a catholic education difficult, or impossible, for their children.
The Officer Daniel Boyle Scholarship Fund is open to RYAN STUDENTS CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN GRADES 9-12 ONLY, without regard to race, sex, national origin, or religious beliefs. Our only intent is to help as many families with the education of their children.
We Are CD Scholarship: These scholarships have been created to honor the legacy of Cardinal Dougherty High School. They are designated for family members of Cardinal Dougherty Alumni. These scholarships will be awarded to students at the Hall of Fame Ceremony. The amount of scholarships given vary from year to year, pending the amount of money gained to fund these scholarships. They range from 500.00 to 1000.00.
Scholarship applications open on August 1st and must be submitted by September 15th. To learn about the criteria and where to submit, click here for more info.
The selection committees for these scholarships includes members of the Cardinal Dougherty Soccer Alumni Committee and Cardinal Dougherty Soccer Hall of Fame members.