Scholarship & Financial Aid
We're available while our building is closed due to Coronavirus
We are working diligently to meet the needs of our incoming families as well as provide for the health and safety of our students and team. We know that the coronavirus has already been disruptive in many aspects of daily life so we wanted to share with you what the Admissions Office at Ryan is doing to support both our prospective families and employees. Whether you want to talk about all that Ryan has to offer your child or just need some assistance with the application process, you can expect the same friendly and helpful service you’re used to from our team. We’re here for you.
To ensure that your needs are supported, we’ve taken specific steps as part of our continuity plan:
- We’ve moved our employees to work from home in a thoughtful, choreographed manner. This ensures that you will continue to receive excellent customer service and support. You can always call us at 215-637-1800 ext. 7007 or email email@example.com for a quick and courteous response.
- While our building is closed, our online Applicant Portal is available to collect documents, fill out forms, and more. If you need help with the portal, visit our portal help page or call our office. You can also email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Want to chat live with a member of oru team? Schedule a Zoom Video Conference at your convenience.
As the situation evolves, please know that the Admissions team is investing our full talent, capabilities, and support and reacting in real-time to make sure we’re here supporting our families through this.
Financial Aid and Tuition Assistance Forms
The Office of Catholic Education has partnered with FACTS Grant & Aid to process all applications for financial assistance. The application is available online at the link below. Families must re-apply each year for Financial Assistance.
Financial Aid applications will be reviewed at the time of the admission review. Financial Aid packages will be sent out with admissions decision letters once all admissions criteria have been met.
Financial Aid CA$H COURSE Information Sessions
Financial Aid CA$H COURSES are our commitment to providing you with the financial literacy needed to make an informed decision regarding your child's future. These sessions walk you though the FACTS Financial Aid Application step-by-step and cover information regarding Ryan's opportunities for academic scholarship, third party scholarship opportunities, and more.
Financial Aid CA$H COURSES are being offered:
- October 12, 2019 at 9:00AM
- October 13, 2019 at 12:30PM
- October 19, 2019 at 12:30PM
- November 3, 2019 at 12:30PM
- November 13, 2019 at 6:00PM
- December 3, 2019 at 6:00PM
215-637-1800, Extension 7042
Business Leaders Organized for Catholic Schools (BLOCS)
As a result, filing of an application and payment of an application fee does not in any way guarantee the awarding of a BLOCS scholarship. The application period for the 20198/2020 school year will open on October 1, 2019. To apply for BLOCS you must complete the FACTS application.
Archbishop Ryan Arts Scholarships
Fine Arts Scholarship
Archbishop Ryan High School is offering the opportunity for 8th-grade students who will be attending Ryan in the 2020-2021 school year to be awarded a scholarship for their artistic talents.
For more information contact:
The criteria are:
- A self-portrait
- A one-piece that shows the understanding of linear perspective
- A one-piece that the student believes best demonstrates their talents.
The student’s name must be on each piece of work. All work must be original and will be returned.Grand Prize: $10,000 Scholarship ($2,500 a year for 4 years)
Music Scholarship Auditions
The Maguire Foundation Scholarship Fund
The Maguire Foundation, in partnership with the Faith in the Future Foundation, will award $3,000 per-year scholarships to at least six students in each of the eighteen qualifying Philadelphia-area Catholic high schools. The current program is specific to eighth graders entering the high school Class of 2024. The scholarship is renewable for each of the four years of high school, given that the Maguire Scholar maintains standards consistent with the qualification listed below.
The application deadline for the Class of 2024 will be announced shortly. Families must apply for Financial Assistance with FACTS.
Sergeant Patrick McDonald Scholarship Fund
Monsignor John Mitchell Scholarship
Daniel Sweeney Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Charles E. Ellis Trust for Girls
- Live in Philadelphia, in a household where one or both parents are absent, or mentally or physically disabled.
- Meet the family income eligibility requirements for reduced-priced lunch under the National School Lunch Program.
- Have grades of ·C· or better in major school subjects.
- Are making academic progress toward timely graduation.Can prove their dependency status (name appears on their family's tax return or DPA document).
- Are In a family that does not own property other than their primary home.
Cardinal Dougherty Alumni Scholarships
We Are CD Scholarship: We are proud to announce the inception of the “We are C.D.” Scholarship. This scholarship, which is sponsored by the 1980 Championship Team, will be awarded to two students at the Hall of Fame Ceremony on Sunday October 28, 2018. To be eligible for this scholarships the student must be a Catholic school student in 8th through 11th grade, be a child or grandchild of a Cardinal Dougherty High School graduate, be “a good role model, a positive influence in their community and work to her/his potential in school”. These applicants do not have to be soccer players.
To apply for this $1,000.00 scholarship the student is required to submit an essay explaining how he/she demonstrates the criteria of this award as well the importance of education in their lives. Also, please include contact information of one teacher and one parent. Contact information should include: name, phone number and email address. Essays need to be no more than 1,500 words, be written in a Google or Word Document and are to be emailed to email@example.com no later than Tuesday, October 15, 2019
The selection committees for these scholarships includes members of the Cardinal Dougherty Soccer Alumni Committee and Cardinal Dougherty Soccer Hall of Fame members.
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charlotte Drummond Memorial Scholarship
The Charlotte Drummond Memorial Scholarship is offering a Legacy scholarship that keeps the spirit of Charlotte Drummond and her dedication to Catholic education alive, and a Cardinal Dougherty Alumni Scholarship for a student whose grandparent, parent,
or sibling attended Cardinal Dougherty.
Sophomores and Juniors are eligible to apply for this scholarship to assist with tuition for the 2019-2020 school year. Applications and Guidelines are available in the Guidance office.
Officer Daniel Boyle Scholarship Fund
On February 6,1991, Dan was killed in the line of duty.
The Officer Daniel Boyle Scholarship Fund is open to RYAN STUDENTS ONLY, without regard to race, sex, national origin or religious beliefs. Our only intent is to help as many families with the education of their children.