Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
you always shine on our path
as a sign of salvation and of hope.
We entrust ourselves to you, Health of the Sick,
who at the cross took part in Jesus' pain, keeping your faith firm.
You, Salvation of the Roman People,
know what we need,
and we are sure you will provide
so that, as in Cana of Galilee,
we may return to joy and to feasting
after this time of trial.
Help us, Mother of Divine Love,
to conform to the will of the Father
and to do as we are told by Jesus,
who has taken upon himself our sufferings
and carried our sorrows
to lead us, through the cross,
to the joy of the resurrection. Amen.
Under your protection, we seek refuge, Holy Mother of God.
Do not disdain the entreaties of we who are in trial,
but deliver us from every danger, O glorious and blessed Virgin.
Each morning, starting Tuesday, March 17, a Google Attendance Form will be emailed to every Archbishop Ryan student. It is also posted on the homepage under News and can be found under Student Life on the Navigation bar. In order for a student to be considered present for the day, the student must click on the link and complete the form. If a student is sick, or unable to participate on a particular flexible instructional day, a parent/guardian must email Mrs. Arpino at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform her that their child will be absent for the day. This email will be considered a student’s absence note. If a doctor’s note is obtained, please share it by email, or the first day your child returns to school, please bring it to the Office of Student Services.
If the Google Attendance Form is not completed by 10:00 AM, the student will be marked absent in PowerSchool; therefore, a phone call will be sent to parents if a student has not completed the form and their parent has not emailed email@example.com
Information Regarding Instruction
Beginning on Monday, March 16, AR teachers will begin posting assignments for each class daily by 10 AM on their online learning platform, such as Google Classroom. On average, student assignments should take 30 minutes to complete for each course. A student carrying a course load of seven (7) courses would have on average three and a half (3 1/2) hours of coursework each day. Each teacher will communicate daily a three (3) consecutive hour window of availability between 10 AM - 2:30 PM during which time teachers and students can connect online to facilitate student questions. Teachers may opt to use Google Hangouts or Zoom to facilitate virtual instruction. Students will be held accountable for completing assignments according to the teacher's instructions.
- The primary source of communication between teachers and students will be Google Classroom. Teachers may also utilize additional instructional resources, such as Schoology.
- Any student, who for any reason does not have access to one of their classes in Google Classroom, should contact Ms. Dooley via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any student having issues accessing their AR email account should contact Mr. Vargas via email email@example.com
- Teachers will be communicating with students daily and setting a 3-hour availability block.
- All students enrolled in the Holy Family University dual enrollment courses will be online for the foreseeable future. The instructors will be in contact with the students enrolled in the classes.
- Students are responsible for communicating with their teachers and completing all assignments during this time period.
Our Flexible Instruction Plan is available here: Flexible Instruction Day - Plan for Parents and Students
All students have been added to a Google Classroom with Guidance.
Information from our Guidance Office is available here and directly on our homepage: Mental Health Resources for Students and Families
Information Regarding Tuition/Finance
Omaha, NE 68103