"The science of pure mathematics, in its modern developments, may claim to be the most original creation of the human spirit" - Alfred North Whitehead
- The Ryan Math Department groups its students by ability and achievement.
- All Math students are immersed in the current technology of the field.
- The Media Center has Mathematics software available for classroom and student tutorials.
- Graphing calculators are used throughout the curriculum.
- In the AP Calculus class, the most recent results show 100% of the students earned college credit, 100% earned a perfect score of 5 on the National AP exam! Nationally, only 15.9% earn a perfect score.
- Nationally only 30% of high school seniors take math. At Ryan, 75% of our senior class is enrolled in at least one math class!
- The Ryan Mathletes won the Archdiocesan and City Math Championships for the last 20 of 22 years!
- Our Faculty has attended in-service workshops locally as well as in Ohio, Texas, and Florida
- Sr. Alice Hess, IHM provides in-service training to teachers throughout the country. Her effort and dedication earned her the distinction of being named Outstanding Math/Physics Teacher by the Pa. Society of Professional Engineers, a National TANDY Scholar in 1993, a 2 time recipient of the National Mary Dolciani Scholarship, and twice honored with the Pennsylvania Presidential Award.
- The Future Engineer Club in conjunction with the Calculus Classes engage in a Container Design Project which annually is evaluated by a Board of Professional Engineers and has won national acclaim.
Archbishop Ryan students are expected to have a TI-84 graphing calculator for their Math class. The TI-84 can be purchased at any store. Look for sales and rebates as the summer progresses.
Please save the UPC seal (bar code) and send it to Miss Gradel (Math Department Chair) in September. The school can use the seals to get additional Texas Instruments resources for your child’s Math class. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.