~ College Planning - Junior Year Timeline
- Maintain or improve your grade point average and class rank.
- Make an appointment with your counselor to make sure you are on track to graduate and that you are taking the appropriate courses in preparation for college.
- Take the PSAT in October.
- Attend college fairs and college presentations at ARHS.
- Review your PSAT test for strong and weak areas. A great way to do this is to log onto collegeboard.org and open an account with Khan Academy. khanacademy.org
- Meet with your ELA teacher to discuss PSAT results on Khan Academy.
- Meet with your counselor/advisor to discuss the college process.
- Begin your college search and college comparison list by going onto to collegeboard.org and your Naviance account.
- Register for the SAT and/or ACT to be taken in March, May or June.
- Take the SAT and/or ACT.
- Attend the Junior College Information Night at ARHS.
- Make a list of possible colleges and majors – perhaps 5 or 6 colleges.
- Visit college campuses
- Ask at least two teachers to write you recommendations.
- Prepare for AP exams, if applicable.
- Begin to work on your college essay(s).